Should you love banana pudding, you may wish to make these cookies ASAP. They’re primarily banana pudding in cookie type, full with the feel-good vibes of the unique dessert. What’s extra, the dough can be freezer-friendly, making it simple to avoid wasting and bake everytime you’re craving home made cookies.
This recipe was impressed by a brand new menu merchandise at Magnolia Bakery, which is legendary for its banana pudding. Whereas these cookies do not have fairly the identical texture as Magnolia’s, I believe you may love their tender heart. To realize that basic banana pudding taste, I used banana cream pudding combine and actual bananas within the dough. I additionally added vanilla wafers — one other normal ingredient — within the type of crumbs. Moreover, the dough can be based mostly off of buttery chocolate chip cookie recipes, so you possibly can make certain that this model is tender, wealthy, and scrumptious.
To arrange the vanilla wafer crumbs, course of them in a blender or meals processor. You’ll be able to go away larger chunks, if you would like.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons darkish brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup mashed banana
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3.4-ounce field banana cream pudding combine
Pinch of salt
3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- In a big bowl, beat the butter and sugars till simply mixed and creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and banana. Beat till mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, dry pudding combine, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Add the dry components to the moist components, 1/3 at a time. Use a spatula to combine after every addition.
- Proceed mixing till the dough is considerably cheesy. If wanted, add a bit extra flour.
- Fold within the white chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Cowl and chill within the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Let sit at room temperature for quarter-hour.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two massive baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Kind the dough into balls, about 3 to 4 tablespoons every, relying on how massive you’d wish to make them.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheets, a minimum of 2 inches aside. Press down barely.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or till golden brown.
- Desserts, Cookies
- 18 cookies